Ideal for post-procedure, EltaMD SilverGel is a clear, amorphous antimicrobial wound gel containing 55 ppm silver. SilverGel is designed to provide a moist healing environment and to help control bioburden.
- Prevents bacterial growth
- Promotes healthy wound healing
- Provides broad-spectrum antimicrobial protection for high-risk or infected wounds with light to moderate exudate
- Absorbs up to equal its volume of wound exudate
- Viscosity allows full antimicrobial contact with entire wound bed
- Remains clear while in use and will not discolor or stain tissue
- Provides sustained and effective silver ion release for at least three days (proven by comprehensive testing)
- Applies easily and remains in wound bed
- Non-cytotoxic and water-soluble
How To Use
1. Cleanser wound. 2. Apply generous amount of EltaMD SilverGel directly onto the affected site or apply as directed by physician. 3. May be covered with a dressing when directed by physician. 4. Repeat as necessary to prevent/deter infection and to keep wound moist.
EltaMD SilverGel may be covered with a dressing when directed by physician.
Changing the Dressing
1. Remove secondary dressing, if one is applied.
2. Cleanse the wound bed to remove any remaining EltaMD SilverGel.
3. Re-apply EltaMD SilverGel, following Directions.
Dressing Changing Frequency
EltaMD SilverGel may be left in a wound for up to 3 days. Dressing should be changed if excessive exudate begins forming or if a secondary dressing becomes soaked with exudate. Dressing should be changed as recommended by an appropriate clinical authority.
Glycerin: Provides moisture retention and is a skin conditioning agent and skin protectant